ELGIN PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION
The Elgin Planning & Zoning Commission meets on an as needed basis, to discuss rezoning requests and procedures.
Citizens of Elgin may request rezoning of their property by submitting an application and required submission fee. A zoning map amendment may be initiated by the property owner(s), Planning Commission, Zoning Administrator, or Elgin Town Council.
For a full list of the Town of Elgin Zoning Ordinances (regulating location and use of buildings, structures and land), see below.
- Table of Contents & Preamble
- Article 1: Establishment of Zoning Districts, purpose of districts, and rules for the interpretation of district boundaries
- Article 2: Zone district regulations
- Article 3: Conditional use regulations
- Article 4: Community Appearance, buffering, landscaping, screening and tree protection regulations
- Article 5: Sign regulations
- Article 6: Supplemental off-street parking and loading regulations
- Article 7: General and ancillary regulations
- Article 8: Administrative procedures and enforcement regulations
- Article 9: Amendments
- Article 10: Definitions
- Article 11: Legal status provisions
PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION:
Randy Pruitt, Building Official
Steve Huntley, Zoning Administrator
Charles Napper (2020-2024)
Ben Glover (2017-2021)
Marvin Shepherd (2017-2021)
John Thrash, Jr. (2018-2022)
ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS:
Mark Breymeyer (2017-2021)
Samalie Wilhelm (2017-2021)
OPENING ON ELGIN’S PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION
The Town of Elgin has an opening on the Planning and Zoning Commission.
In order to apply, you must be a resident and live within the town limits and you will need to complete a Biographical Data Sheet.